Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thursday-Week1:

The day started with a 2-minutes late entry to office. I was desperately waiting to have a look on the software requirement specification (SRS) of the project. It was being sent to me by an email from the project manager. I was badly in need of an internet connection. Hyung (my project mate) was on half a day leave, so no other guy knows about this project. I was waiting for the afternoon to see Hyung.

I went to lunch with Rohit’s teammates. We tried some rice item with the assumption that is a vegetarian. After eating it we came to know that it was meet mixed rice and we had it for our lunch. “Ohhhh God! Please forgive me for whatever I eat here.”

After lunch I was back to my desk and saw Hyung, a ray of hope came up for working on the assignment I was here. This was fifty day here at Suwon and still I don’t know what I am going to do. Visited Suwon for just three weeks and don’t know the project till one week, you can understand. Anxiously, I went to him, he wished me and I asked him for internet and for changing language of my laptop to English from Korean. He asked me to manage with the language but provided with an internet connection.

Hyung opened the SRS document from my official mail and asked me to understand that. I thought it may be a 50 pages document and I need a week to read and understand it. I was lucky, it was just a 5 document and only two pages out five were of my use. Read the document and tried to search some terms in Google. GOOGLE!!! was not opening!!! I thought again I need to compromise on restricted access to the internet, whereas, my friend Rohit was helped to install new English OS on his lapy and a full access to internet. I felt like leave the office and going back to home.

I gathered my senses and asked Hyung about this. He asked me to wait for couple of minutes. Finally, he helped me to access all other sites. Though he looks pretty busy he helped me for all these. Impressed me!

Got everything documents and an internet access. I Read and understood the document on the same day itself. As soon as I read the document, I started reading Image Processing documents from the web. Meanwhile, Rohit got in and we went to lookout for a cup of tea. One of my colleagues told me that there is a free tea and other drinks available on the same floor. I and Rohit went in search of that. We did found a counter but it was paid. We were saving each penny but cutting our food and walking down to office, how can we spend money on drinks. Slowly we started move out, I asked him to introduce me to other Indian in his project. We went to Balu, whished him and asked to help us knowing the free tea and coffee counter. He came, helped us and in a second moved out to other side without talking to us for a single second. Don’t know why did like that!

We had a tea and discussed about the Image Processing, I came to know about Image formats and headers there. I never worked on this, neither in wildest dreams thought about working on anything like this. Therefore, I started reading and collecting information on this topic. I was happy to get a book on Image Processing in C language. It really boosted my confidence. I asked for a compiler but they did not say anything and I could not understand what has happened.

At 6:45Pm me and Rohit decided to go back to home, most of the people were still working in the office. We decided to use office bus and moved down to the office bus station. Instead of going home we dropped in between for shopping at the ‘Home Plus’ shopping mall. Went inside and purchased some vegetarian food for next couple of days. It was 9:00Pm and the day was just like 7:00Pm. We decided to catch the office bus again to go home and started waiting at a bus stop. After 20 minutes of waiting for the Sumsung bus we saw one. But the driver never stopped the bus, as it was not official bus stop of the company. Therefore, we started to walk down the road and reach home. We learned the way to our home from ‘Home Plus’ and learned that the office bus don’t stop ever where as in India it does for employees.

Reached home on usual time at 9:48Pm and were in bed at 10:50Pm. Another day in life was over.

Slept tight hoping for wonderful Next Day……..